Monday, August 25, 2008

Tuesday Musings #16

Olympics-
There are many different events at the Olympics.
You must create a new event that you would be the best at so that you could take home the GOLD.
What is your event?

Couponing
90 minutes of grocery shopping with the most savings from coupons.

The actual total spent does not matter. It is the amount saved from coupons in relation to the amount spent. For example; Total is 166.98 but amount spent is 70.31 which is a savings of 96.67! The person with the highest percent saved in the time alotted wins. BYOC(Bring your own coupons) I think there should be a standardized list of the items that have to be purchased to keep it even but it would all depend on whether you brought the right coupons with you.




That would mean that some people would have these big coupon boxes or cases or file cabinets which could slow you down or if they were organized well, maybe just put you over to win a GOLD instead of a silver or bronzeI could really excel at this.
I wanted to find some reciepts to show for this and scan them in but I realized the last few I threw away and then the very last one I sent in for a $10 rebate(ps. I only spent $42 and saved $127)

BRING ON THE GOLD !
If not Couponing then...
Who has the most cereal in their cupboards?
Possibly a second gold medal here for me?

3 comments:

Jill said...

Haha so funny. You would totally win GOLD!!!

Murf said...

You SO would win the cereal one. How about most likely to be in a sugar coma after eating breakfast at the Meza house? Oh wait, that'd be me! Mmmmm Golden Grahams.

Autumn said...

Okay so this is the hundred time I have heard about coupons this month how funny it is on your blog too. So how much time really do you spend to make it worth it?