Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Tuesday Musings #2

I guess I forgot that I should have explained last week that I have joined some fellow girlfriends(some I don't even know yet-but I am sure I will within the next few weeks) in a fun blogging activity. Last weeks was the job thingy and this weeks was really difficult for me. I don't think I am in creative mode & I don't know if I have one in this area but let's have a go at it!

Idea-Compose a crank letter (harmless, no threats of bodily harm) to a large company/public entity. Scan or copy-paste the letter into your blog.Mail off the letter. Post a response when and if you receive one!

Van de Kamp's Consumer Affairs
PO BOX 91000
Allentown, PA 18109

Dear Mr. "de Kamp",

I love Hot Dogs. I love them like Momma made; boiled for a few minutes and ripped from the pot wet and placed in the bun which then becomes soggy(ugh). I love the crustiness of the outside and soft juicy center when barbecued just right. I even love them in the microwave, inside a bun(makes the bun nice and chewy).

My all time favorite way to have a hot dog is split lengthwise and grilled in a frying pan with a small or large amount of butter. In order to fully complete a fried hot dog I need a really good hot dog bun. This is where Van de Kamp's comes in to the picture.

I purchase my hot dogs (or franks as they are sometimes called) in a package at almost any store. Each package contains 10 hot dogs no matter what I buy ie: Oscar Mayer, Ball Park, Farmer John, Jennie-O, Bar-S, etc.

My problem is that since approximately 30 years ago, I discontiued eating hot dogs straight out of the package-cold. I have grown up. NOW, I cannot seem to find the right amount of buns for my package of hot dogs.

I find 8 buns in a package or 16 buns in a package. This leaves me two buns short either way which leads to me purchasing 4 packages of hot dogs(40 dogs) and 5, 8-count packages of buns(40) at a time to get everythng nice and even and ,that my friend, is a little too many dogs in my fridge.

This problem is lop-sided and has been for years. Could you please help me and the rest of the hot dog eating world to put an end to this skewed purchasing and hence, storage problem?

Is it too much to ask for a 10-count package of buns? Or a 20 count package of buns? Is this a cost/return problem for your company or is this a conspiracy against the hot dog consumers of America? Are you sitting there in your high-backed ,black ,leather, office chairs on wheels, rolling around ,laughing your heads off because you sold us 2 less buns than we needed ?

My children ages 10 and 8 are quickly headed toward the eating of a hot dog on a bun, not naked out of the package! I will not stand for this injustice any longer. It will not continue on to the next generation. Please correct this concern immediately.

Thank you so much for your prompt attention to this negative matter(the negative being on your part and involving the 2 missing buns),

Waiting Patiently,

4 comments:

AES said...

You are so inspiring to me. I love how you stand up to corporate America to protect your children's integrity!

Andrew and Trena said...

This is so funny and true.. i laughed pretty hard reading it. holler back!

Jill said...

Too dang funny! That's a good letter!

Rebecca said...

Yes! This has been a huge problem. Thank you for bringing to their attention. Something must be done!