Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Hannah


They grow up so fast....







Sydney

Jacob
Tuesday Musings #5




What was/were your feelings or thoughts when you held your child/children for thefirst time?


I think the initial feeling was WHOA! My first was Jacob, 15 years ago but I still remember the relief of being finished with labor and also relief that he had all his fingers and toes. I remember just how beautiful he was even with his pasty skin. I know I cried. I think that when they placed him on my stomach is when I said to my husband “Just like in the movies…” not like TV or the theaters but the birthing videos you watch in Lamaze class. I know I thought “wow, this is the one who was kicking and moving my stomach around like crazy” Jacob was my biggest baby 7lbs 8 oz and my longest labor-2 hours and 50 minutes from when my water broke at home until I gave birth.
Hannah and Sydney were similar feelings, both beautiful reminders that I had special gifts on loan from a loving, Heavenly Father. Children are wonderful and scary and a blessing.

4 comments:

Laura said...

I remember being so happy that labor was over too. And then I realized i have to take care of this baby and I don't know how to. But I guess you do the best you can. I like the new pics and background.

The Christensens said...

I always thought Jacob looked like Mike but MAN he looks so much like you!

Emily said...

Children are the best and scary too!

Paul said...

Who taught Sydney how to pose like that for the pic? Is she wearing make up?