Thursday, June 12, 2008

Tuesday Musings #8



Who was the last person you prank called? What did you say?

This is me NOT doing a prank call! I tried like most of you to remember the last one I did but I can't think of it I must have been in Junior high(now called middle school).

I do remember a few times when I was younger and they were the usual:

Me: "Is your refrigerator running?" Prank call victim: "yes" Me : "Well you better go catch it!"

Me: "Hi, Is Mary there?" PCV: " No there's no Mary here" Me:"OK thanks" (then I hang up and call again) Me: Hi, Is Mary there? PCV: "No, you have the wrong number" Me: "Oh Sorry" (then I call again) Me: "Hi, Is Mary there?" PCV: "No What number are you trying to call?" Me: "555-0000"(whatever # was closest to the one I was dialing) PCV: "Well this isn't that number" Me: "Ok, I guess I'll try again" (then I call one last time waiting about 2-3 minutes this time) Me: "Hi, This is Mary. Have there been any calls for me?" (wait for a response while dying laughing)

I do know that today I prank called Amy while at work and changing a dirty diaper inside the house while my cell phone was outside, supposedly on the table! I didn't know til Amy called and said she missed my call and I said "Oh I haven't called you today but maybe I called you for something yesterday". She said "well, it says you called 10 minutes ago". OH that explains why my cell phone battery cover was off on the table and the phone turned upside down! (one of the kids had prank called AMY! Ha ha ha

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Those are all great prank calls. I love the 2nd one. I was smiling just reading it b/c I can totally picture it!

AES said...

I love the picture of you - a perfect deadpan :)