Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Tuesday Musings #7

Topic, Please?


If you woke up tomorrow morning and were someone else, who would you hope to be?

There's the topic and here's some additional thoughts - it can be anyone, male or female, famous or not, dead or alive (but if you were to become them, you would not be dead) the only hard and fast rule is - you can't say you would stay yourself, because I am assuming we are all happy being who we are, so this is an question about who else we would want to be, not a time to assert how much we like where we are :)



All right Amy; Here goes-


Clint Black Lyrics for Put Yourslf in My Shoes


"...We have our differences
We're still the same
See what we want to see
But you take a second look
And maybe things wouldn't seem the same
If you could see what you mean to me


Chorus-

Put yourself in my shoes
Walk a mile for me
I'll put myself in your shoes
Maybe then we'd see
That if you put yourself in my shoes
You'd have some sympathy
And if I could only put myself in your shoes
I'd walk right back to me...


15 years and a few days ago, I was laying on a bed in a delivery room at Kaiser Hospital in Riverside. First child, my husband standing there with me while I am in pain, says to me "Do you know this song?" (It was country and my husband does NOT do country music -probably trying to divert my attention). So I listen for a minute to the television that was on and realize that it was Clint Black and he was singing the above written song! How ironic, don't you think? He then asked me the name of the song and when I responded I think he chuckled or maybe that was me!


So, in response to this question that Amy posed, I think I would have to say that I would like to be my husband. Not f-o-r-e-v-e-r, but for a day or so. I would love to be able to understand his thought process and feelings from his point of view. Can you imagine the help that would be to me, to us, to our family? Now, I am not saying that my husband is hard to understand or incomprehensible. It would just be great to KNOW where he is coming from, I mean for anyone, to have that knowledge of someone especially your husband would be just incredible.


Great question Amy-thank you! (My husband is the one on the right! he he he & the son I was delivering on the left- Grandpa in the middle)


3 comments:

claire said...

Kristin, good answer!! Sometimes I am mightily perplexed by what goes on in my husband's head. I would love to get inside there for a day.

Emily said...

Good thinking. My husband didn't even cross my mind but now I would love to know why he thinks the way he does sometimes.

AES said...

That would be fascinating. I would want to keep lots of notes :)